Fukyugata Dai Ichi (Foo-kyoo-kata Dai-ichi) is the first kata we learn as new students wearing white belts. Dai Ichi just means number 1.
- Pivot Left, Left Head Block
- Circle Step Right, Right Chest Punch
- Circle Step Back with Right to Shiko Dachi, Left Down Block
- Circle Step Up with Left Foot, Right Head Block
- Circle Step Left, Left Chest Punch
- Circle Step Back with Left to Shiko Dachi, Right Down Block
- Circle Step Forward Left, Left Chest Block
- Left Down Block, Right Down Punch, Sweep with Right Foot, Step Behind with Right, Right Shuto to Head
- Circle Step to Back with Left, Left Chest Block
- Left Down Block, Right Down Punch, Sweep with Right Foot, Step toward Front with Right, Right Shuto to Head
Start at Attention with your heels together, toes out at a 45 degree angle (Musubi Dachi), hands flat with thumbs tucked (Knife Hand)
- Bring flat hands together, left hand on bottom, in an X pattern at waist level with palms facing away from you about 30 degrees away from your torso.
- Tilt hands toward you until they are parallel to your body
- Turn hands 90 degrees until the X pattern in facing down as you turn your hands in and down until then end up at waist level with palms facing towards you about 30 degrees away from your torso.
- Pivot just your heels out until they are at a 45 degree angle from your toes, while you bring your hands to your side and make a fist as though about to carry two briefcases